Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hold Me

What should I feel now?
I don’t even know.
Sorrow, shock, questions…
From here where do I go?
Oh, Lord, wrap me up tightly
In your warm embrace.
Hold me so closely
While my mind seems to race.
Give me your answers
In your perfect time,
But until then, Lord,
Hold me and all of mine.
Hold my dear family
Who sit in shock and denial.
Just blanket us in You.
Let us sit for a while.
This is so hard.
I don’t know what to think.
I don’t know what to feel.
Oh, just give me some peace.
I know that You will
Though it doesn’t make sense.
Use this, even this
It’s the lot that You’ve sent.
So I’ll rest in your sovereignty,
Rest in you plan
And know that its best
Though I don’t understand.
So hold me Lord Jesus.
Hold me just now.
And walk me through this journey.
As before You I bow.

~for Melissa~

No comments: