Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thank You Mom

Thank you Mom, for your help
With pregnancies and births,
For the one born into heaven
And the three born here on earth.

Thanks for holding me inside
And rearing me with love
Thank you for your faith,
Relying on God above.

It means so much to have you,
To know that you are there,
You’re one to bring my questions to,
You’re one I know who cares.

Bringing children into the world
Is such a priceless joy.
I’m glad you were there with me
For me, my girl, and my boys.

You helped me see the beauty.
You helped relieve my fears.
You were the woman by my side.
It helped to have you near.

You helped me keep on going.
You helped relieve the pain.
You helped me know it’d be okay
Which ever way they came.

Each time around was different,
But you were always there.
For happiness and sorrow,
You held me with your prayers.

With Luke, you saw me through it
Long labor and finally birth.
It was not like we planned it,
But from it much was learned.

With Hope, we saw much sorrow
No little child was born,
But a grandchild still was honored
And you helped a mother mourn.

With Lydia, our faith was tested.
A million prayers were prayed.
Her birth was truly wonderful,
So much joy on every face.

With Timothy, we tried again
To have that natural birth,
And with your help we did it.
Thank you for that gift.

So thank you, Mom for your work,
The tears you cried, the prayers you prayed.
The sleep you lost, the knowledge you gained,
Oh, thank you for the memories we made.

I love you so much, and I will be forever grateful that God made me your daughter and you my mother.
Love, Emily

1 comment:

amy said...

that was REALLY beautiful. :)