Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Worship in Spirit and Truth

Worship in spirit;
Now what does that mean?
Worship in truth;
Let’s not put on a front.
So there’s no special place
That I have to go.
I can worship right here.
I can worship anywhere.
As long as its true,
Not just going through motions,
Then my worship can happen
Wherever I am.
So what does it mean
To worship my Lord?
Is it something I feel,
Something special I do?
Please teach me, O Lord
To bring worship to You,
Worship to honor
My Holy God.
Do I worship You
As I serve my family?
Do I worship You
As I read Your word?
Do I worship You
When I’m speaking to others?
Do I worship You
As I come forth in prayer?
Worship, worship,
What does it mean?
Is my singing true worship,
Or is it just empty words?
As I listen sermons,
Do I worship You then?
Help me to focus
Every thought upon You
That my life might be worship,
A song unto You.
Do I esteem You
Before every other?
Is my devotion all Yours,
Or is it all about me?
Help me to die to myself
That I might live,
Live to Your glory,
Live to worship You.

No comments: