Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hoarding

I've been stacking it up,

Storing it here

So glad to have gotten it,

But forgotten to share.

The Word's what I speak of,

The Word of God.

Yes, I've been hoarding

The Word of God.

See, I read and learn,

Thank God for His truth,

Then I throw it aside,

Move on and forget,

Well, it's not forgotten,

I still have up there,

But I forget to be sharing

Like I'm stuck in myself.

I take all it in,

But what good is it here

If I stack it, hoard it,

Like it's nothing to share.

Lord, help me to never stop

Receiving your Word,

But I pray that You use me

To share what I learn

That I may not hoard these truths

That You give me,

But share every morsel

Then receive more to give.

~after a conversation with a dear friend on how we consume God's Word but fail to share it.