Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayer on Prayer

May I meet with you, O Lord
In this place called prayer.
You'll bring me to your throne room,
A place I guess I fear.
Alone with you, alone with God,
The only Holy One.
I know I am not worthy.
I'm not sure what to say.
My eyes, they cannot see you,
But I know that You are here.
Help me shed my flesh, Lord,
In spirit come to you.
You want me to be open.
You already know my heart.
But I don't want to break, Lord,
I'm trying to keep it together.
If I go there, I'll melt, Lord,
Your glory is too great.
Hear my voice, saying, "Lord."
Do I hear the words I say?
My Lord has called me to Him.
I must humbly go with Him,
Meet with you in spirit, in truth,
Meet with my loving Father.
What a privilege, what a gift,
Meeting with the King!
I don't want to be fake,
Not empty words to speak.
I want them to go up to you
A fragrant offering.
I want to bring you glory,
To worship from my heart.
Oh, make it right that I might be
Righteous in Your sight.
When I lift my voice,
Help me bow myself,
To know I come before the God,
The Holy, Holy God.
May my requests be selfless.
May thanksgiving fill my mouth.
May praise come forth to reach You.
May I focus all on You.
Hold me when I break, Lord,
As I give it all to You
To rule, to reign - this life of mine;
It already belongs to You.
Help me to get started.
Help me not to stop,
To meet with You forever,
Fellowship without end.

No comments: